- Mediation in divorced populations
- Mediation in cases involving breach of contract
- Mediation in Criminal justice department
- Dispute Resolution Law.Retrieved from www.hg.org/adr.html
Advocacy and mediation are key aspect in any society and so ethical values are required when one is executing them. Advocacy play a critical role in any society as it assists people in speaking about themselves and make sure that their opinions are heard and understood whereas Mediation is a form of alternative dispute resolution used to resolve problems among people and thus play an important role in promoting social cohesion. In both cases, ethical standards must be upheld where there shouldn’t be any conflict of interest, best services should be offered and good faith in practice must be maintained. Both mediation and advocacy play a critical role in offering human services by promoting representation where people require their opinion to be heard and understood, and promoting conflict resolution.
Mediation in Divorced Populations
In the modern society, the rate of divorce has been rising and this has caused intense emotional pain to both the children and divorced couple. Due to this, there has been need for an appropriate way of reducing the conflict among the divorced couples so that they can live a comfortable life after divorce and offer good parental care to the children. Divorce mediation has played a great role in assisting divorced couples part in a peaceful way as it offers a less expensive and friendly option of solving disputed that transpires from divorce. Divorce mediation carried out under the guidance of a mediator assists the divorced partners come to an agreement on how to relate to each other in a less conflicting manner, how to take care of the children and mode of sharing matrimonial properties.
Mediation in Cases Involving Breach of Contract
In any society, contracts do exist where two different parties agree on a given issue and each party is required to adhere to a given condition. A Contract may be in form of writing or oral but in community levels, most of the contracts occur through oral agreement. Most of contracts created in community levels are dowry settlements, employee worker agreement and business agreements. In such cases, mediation is important for the feuding parties because it assists reach a consensus without undergoing the tedious process of undergoing court process while at the same time the parties will come to an amicable solution where the breaching party will have to fulfill its side of bargain without under going much expense.
Mediation in Criminal Justice Department
Victim offender mediation is among the current mediation practices that involve a meeting between a person who committed crime and the victim of that crime. This mediation process is advantageous in that the victim has the opportunity of confronting his/her offender to understand the situation and facilitate the process of healing. On the other hand, offenders understand the enduring effects of their crime learn the consequences of their criminal acts and may seek forgiveness.
- Gordon & ELIAS Attorneys. (2010) Alternative Dispute Resolution – Guide to Alternative
- Dispute Resolution Law.Retrieved from http://www.hg.org/adr.html
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.
- Devon county council. (2010) Advocacy. http://www.devon.gov.uk/advocacy.htm.
- Richard, T.S.(2010). Social service advocacy. retrieved from
- Lawrence, H. Advocacy in Mediation: Ethics.1999.28 Aug 2010. http://www.mccammongroup.com/articles/advocacyinmediation-ethics.asp
- Jorester, J. Introduction to community and environmental Dispute resolution.2007.28,Aug 2010