What is hypothesis?
“A testing hypothesis is one that can be tested, meaning You can measure both what is being done (variables) and the outcome.”
“ A hypothesis is an educated guess or proposition that attempts to explain a set of facts or natural phenomenon. It is used mostly in the field of science, where the scientific method is used to test it.”
Types of hypothesis:
- A scientific hypothesis is based on experiments and observations from the past that cannot be explained with current theories.
- A working hypothesis is one that is widely accepted and becomes the basis of further experimentation.
Examples of Hypothesis:
- Children who are exposed to regular singing of the alphabet will show greater recognition of letters than children who are exposed to regular pronouncing of the alphabet
- If I raise the temperature of a cup of water, then the amount of sugar that can be dissolved in it will be increased.
- More students get sick during the final week of testing that at other times.
- Health Education programme influence the number of people who smoke.
5) Newspapers affect people’s voting pattern.
6) Attendance at lectures influences exam marks.
7) Diet influences intelligence.
What is Abstract
Existing in thought or as an idea but not having a physical or concrete existence.
Knowledge expressing a concept that exists only an as an idea or quality a part from an object.
Examples of abstract:
- The force needed to open the jar was beyond my capacity.
- Love is joy for some and pain for others.
- You need a sense of humor to work here.
- With a little effort, kindness can become a habit.