This is a critical position responsible for the successful execution of existing O&M and human resources services contracts and value addition to existing scope, cost optimization, coordination of all stakeholders, workload management, and payment recoveries.
Job Type: Contract-based
Timings: Normally 9 to 6 but extra hours may be required as per project requirement
Responsibilities of Assistant Manager Operations and Maintenance:
- Coordination with all stakeholders for the smooth execution of ongoing contracts.
- Coordinate with the Security Manager and Site O&M team on a day-to-day basis to ensure up to mark performance as per the scope of work.
- Coordinate with clients on a day-to-day basis to provide the necessary support to site O&M team and security team in discussions and negotiations with clients for operation & maintenance and security-related matters, respectively.
- Highlighting and Developing mitigation plans for project associated risks at any site, well on time, and reporting them to the O&M Manager.
- Management of Subcons for achieving required scope, time & quality requirements of each site works.
- Responsible for issuing invoices of respective scope and timely recovery of payments from the client. And also, timely payments to all subcontractors as per agreement.
- Ensure value addition to the existing work scope by getting procurement orders of consumables and spare parts from the client.
- Assist O&M Manager in Coordination with the client to provide the necessary support to discuss technical and commercial matters with the owner, follow-up owner for timely payments to clients.
- Assist O&M Manager to identify upcoming operation & maintenance projects, and preparing prequalification, bids, techno-commercial offers for upcoming O&M projects and in developing other projects’ site.
- Assist O&M Manager in making the O&M portfolio of the new subsidiary company, coordination with different partners, aligning new partners, getting certifications & licenses to execute operation & maintenance services.
- Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical) from a reputable Institute accredited from PEC.
- Min 3 years of relevant experience of project coordination/management and operation & maintenance work on remote sites in the power or fertilizer sector, preferably from thermal power plants.
- Must have strong communication, presentation skills, negotiations, analytical skills, letter drafting and contractual understandings from EPC/O&M Projects perspectives
- Must know about making prequalification’s, costing sheets, proposals, and bids for EPC/O&M projects.
- Must have strong MS Office skills especially in MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint
- Basic level of understanding of Primavera or MS Project
- Ability to travel and handling high pressures